Friday, April 20, 2012

Purpose: Eat & Share

Mission: Find. Eat. Photograph. Share. 

Greetings Fellow Foodie,

I'm so glad to have met you along this culinary journey of sorts.  I find it important - obligatory perhaps - that I introduce myself and my purpose here on the interwebs.

The premise of this journey is simple - eat & share. I find that so many people, particularly in my twenty-somethings age range have forgotten that food is an art to be enjoyed and shared by all. The pre-packaged, on-the-go, value "meal" is everywhere. Or how about those "don't eat this" or "eating ___ will induce early adult-onset-diabetes"warnings we hear all over the place.

"No ____ added!"..."____ diet friendly!"..."Only ____ calories!" STOP!

Why is there so much rhetoric surrounding food? Shouldn't the smell or taste just speak for itself? I believe that food should be eaten and appreciated, not limited and restricted in any aspect. It is, after all, a life saving and sustaining force.  Global unity stemmed from the desire to trade food, or more specifically flavor. Spices, grains, fruits, vegetables... the list goes on and on. Your corner grocery store (and America as we know it today) is the result of the age-long search for flavor (among other things, and no I don't want to go into the politics surrounding trade...)

Eat & Share

Now if I could, I'd share a bite of my findings with you, wherever you are, whoever you are. What is knowledge if it is not shared, right? Well until someone at Apple Inc. invents smell/taste-o-vision for the next iGadget, my photos and my word will have to do... I will do my best to cover as many courses and categories as possible, with as small of a bill as possible. Each post will (ideally) contain the following:

- mouthwatering pictures
- names of dishes
- prices
- & where you can get the flavorful find

It seems the possibilities are endless, and I do hope that is the case. I'm glad we're taking this adventure together. Please feel free to comment and share your own findings. Together we'll enjoy what we eat.

Until next bite, savor the flavor my friends.




No comments:

Post a Comment